Monday, February 6, 2012

My beautiful mom...

Today we had a celebration of life for my beautiful mom who passed away the day before Thanksgiving. She was an amazing mom, full of life, loved music, sang like an angel and was the most unselfish person I have ever known.  A truly amazing woman and I am so proud she was my mom.  We had a ceremony at Washelli Funeral home to put my mom's and my dad's ashes in their niche.  It was rather surreal.  I looked at those brass boxes and they said born 1933 died 2011 on both of them...I just couldn't believe it.

Mom,
The day you died I kissed your face four times
After you died I held you close to me
I knew it would be the last time I held you for the rest of my life
You were so sick, in so much pain
That is no life
I know you were afraid to die
I hope you have found comfort
Do you remember how I held your hand and lay my head on your shoulder
Even at that moment I couldn't imagine life without you
People talk about broken hearts in songs or movies
Until that moment I had never known a true broken heart
Over and over I thought "How can I live without you?"
I watched you live, I watch you die
Everyday I look up at the sky
I know you are waiting for me
I miss you
Lesliexxxxx



1 comment:

  1. My condolences on the deaths of your parents. I hope your time in Mexico begins to heal your broken heart.

    ReplyDelete